LIFTWAY – Forklift Driver Training Course
Our Liftway Forklift Driver Training course consists of classroom and hands on training components that meet federal/provincial and industry requirements.
- Legislation and guidelines
- Forklift classifications – see below
- Safe Operation Guidelines
- Operator responsibilities
- Stability principles to prevent tip overs.
- Understanding forklift capacity plates
- Understanding load centres
- Pre-operation inspections
- Pedestrian Safety
- Care and maintenance of batteries – Electric Truck
- Propane & fuel handling – Internal combustion truck
- Hands on driver training & evaluation
- A permit card is issued after successful completion of course
Driver Training Curriculum
The Liftway driver training curriculum consists of safety procedures, operation of the forklift and management of the equipment. Upon successful completion of the written and practical testing you will receive a certificate along with a wallet sized operator permit card which is valid for 3 years.
Our Forklift Driver Training courses are normally held in Brantford at Liftway Limited and in Chatham at the Comfort Inn. Courses can also be arranged at the customer premises.
LIFT TRUCK CLASSIFICATIONS
Classification of lift trucks: the recognized classification by the international Industrial Truck Association (I.T.A.) is as follows:
Class 1: Electric motor rider trucks (Sit Down)
Class 2: Electric motor narrow aisle trucks (Reach)
Class 3: Electric motor – driven hand trucks (Pallet)
Class 4: Internal combustion engine lift trucks – cushion tires (Indoor Sit Down – Electric or Propane)
Class 5: Internal combustion engine lift trucks – Pneumatic tires (Outdoor Propane)
Class 6: Electric and Internal Combustion engine tractors
Class 7: Rough terrain trucks
For company groups we can arrange training at your premises.
Tag: Lift Truck Driver Training