Loading Dock Maintenance – Safety First!
Loading docking equipment may consist of the following components including dock levelers, vehicle restraints, traffic lighting, overhead doors and door seals. It is recommended to have a qualified person perform an extensive inspection and maintenance service at least once a year. Twice a year is suggested for heavy use applications.
Loading Dock Maintenance – Issues
Periodic Dock Maintenance will minimize problems and add life to your dock equipment. Below are a few questions to ask yourself.
- In the winter does cold air fill your loading dock area due to faulty dock seals and insulation around your loading dock?
- Is there garbage accumulating under the loading dock possibly creating a fire hazard?
- Do the springs require adjusting?
- Are the cylinders leaking oil?
- When was the last inspection or maintenance performed?
For more information or to arrange a free inspection contact our service department. We will arrange a visit to inspect your existing dock equipment and provide a detail report on the condition of your dock equipment as well as a recommended periodic maintenance program.