Your Next Forklift – Internal Combustion or Electric
Over the years technology has made a large impact on the development of both IC (Internal Combustion) and Electric Forklifts. Engine design, computerized ignition, closed loop fuel systems have all become contributing factors with almost zero emissions now with an IC forklift. Advancement has also come a long way with new AC motor design and electronic control of the electric forklifts.
Electric trucks are still more prominently used in warehouses and other interior type applications where emissions and space are contributing decision making factors.
Internal combustion forklifts on the other hand are more widely seen in outside environments where larger lifts are required and emissions are not as critical.
Benefits of Electric Forklifts
- No emissions
- Economical Fuel Source
- Longer Vehicle Life Cycle
- Lower basic maintenance Costs.
- Greater Maneuverability
- Lower centre of gravity – provides better stability for higher lifts
Benefits of Internal Combustion Forklifts
- Lower up front costs
- No downtime due to battery re-charging
- Superior performance for heavy lifting and longer distances
- Power level consistent through full operation of fuel. With electric trucks performance can be compromised as the battery voltage drops later in the battery cycle.
- Trucks usually have higher ground clearances for going outdoors.
Our trained sales representatives are available to go over all the benefits and concerns to make your next forklift purchase is the right one.